Marketing needs PPM
Marketing departments are in continual cycles of driving campaigns for brand-based and tactical promotions, communications, and advertising. These programs and projects, may include one or more of the communications media listed below (and probably some that aren’t). These campaigns are organized as programs, and executed as projects. They all need to be planned and coordinated, and the Marketing Executive and team needs visibility into how these projects are coming together. Timing is everything in marketing, and it is critical that these projects all come together perfectly.
- Direct mail
- Newspapers and magazines
- Radio advertising
- Television advertising
- Film advertising
- Outdoor advertising
- Window display
- Fairs and exhibition
- Specialty advertising
- Display Advertising
- Search Engine Marketing & Optimization (SEM) & (SEO)
- Social Media
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Native Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Ads
Microsoft Project Online, or Project for the web provide easy-to-use project planning and execution engines. Analytical reports through Power BI provide executive visibility to the programs.
Western Principles can help you develop your business processes and configure a solution to meet your needs.
Have a look at some other needs by project type
How can Project & Portfolio Management help you?
- IT Projects – select the right programs & projects, and get full visibility to waterfall and agile projects, as well as resources.
- Engineering and Construction – collaborate among owner, architect, engineer, procurement, & construction teams to be successful.
- New Product Development – select the right products and deliver them right.
- Marketing Campaigns – an integrated marketing program is key to successful campaigns.
- Customer Service Initiatives – customer service teams need to constantly tune processes, training, systems, and metrics.
- Retail Projects – to thrive in the rapidly evolving retail industry, you must choose the right projects and do them right.
- Learn about Project Roles and needs.