Engineering, Procurement, & Construction needs PPM
The Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) industry is characterized by a complex set of relationships that are required to design and build deliverables. Those deliverables may be as complex as a new office tower or a new petrochemical plant, or as simple as a sidewalk repair. Still, you have collaboration at and across many levels and organizations to get things done.
To be successful, you need project collaboration systems in place — where a system is a combination of people, processes, and technology working together. The system needs for each group in an EPC project may be different, but many of them rely on the same needs.
- Schedule – Different levels of detail & functionality required for different parties
- Cost Management/Controls – Budget, Baseline, Commitments, Actuals, Forecast, Incurred, Variance, Profitability, Change Requests, Earned Value, Partial Payments/ Holdbacks, and more tracking
- Document Management / Enterprise Content Management – Different record types (drawings, specifications, letters, emails, etc.)
- Automated Processes – HS&E Reports, RFIs, Change Requests, Document Reviews & Approvals, and more
- Reports & Dashboards – Status/Progress, Costs, Risks, Issues, Change Requests, Resources, Deadlines, and processes
- Integration – Integration among the systems of various parties, & integration to core business systems like Finance/Billing/ERP.
Have a look at some other project needs by role
How can Project & Portfolio Management help you?
- IT Projects – select the right programs & projects, and get full visibility to waterfall and agile projects, as well as resources.
- Engineering and Construction – collaborate among owner, architect, engineer, procurement, & construction teams to be successful.
- New Product Development – select the right products and deliver them right.
- Marketing Campaigns – an integrated marketing program is key to successful campaigns.
- Customer Service Initiatives – customer service teams need to constantly tune processes, training, systems, and metrics.
- Retail Projects – to thrive in the rapidly evolving retail industry, you must choose the right projects and do them right.
- Learn about Project Roles and needs.